Re: rsync

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Havens
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: rsync
It didn't do this before. Why will it not create a directory? But wait! The
directory already exists.

bmike1@c521 ~ $ rsync -aWq --progress --delete-before --compress-level=5
/home/bmike1/Documents /media/bmike1/"USB DISK"/
rsync: mkdir "/media/bmike1/USB DISK" failed: Permission denied (13)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(674) [Receiver=3.1.0]
bmike1@c521 ~ $ sudo mkdir "/media/bmike1/USB DISK"
[sudo] password for bmike1:
bmike1@c521 ~ $ rsync -aWq --progress --delete-before --compress-level=5
/home/bmike1/Documents /media/bmike1/"USB DISK"/
rsync: recv_generator: mkdir "/media/bmike1/USB DISK/Documents" failed:
Permission denied (13)
*** Skipping any contents from this failed directory ***
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors)
(code 23) at main.c(1183) [sender=3.1.0]
bmike1@c521 ~ $