Re: How RedHat Backports Vulnerability Fixes

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: How RedHat Backports Vulnerability Fixes

      Employee: "Uh oh, looks like The Bobs are in town. I better get my
      resume updated!

      -mb

      On 06/21/2015 09:42 AM, George Toft wrote:

      had a problem like that in 2005.  Fancy, high-falutin' Beltway
      Bandits (from Wash DC) came to scan our servers.  I got called in
      (taken from my normal busy routine) to address their concerns . .
      .

      Bandit: "Yes, we see you have over 1200 Apache servers in the
      environment."

      All eyes look at me.

      Me: "We don't run Apache here."

      You could hear a pin drop, which in a carpeted room, means it got
      real quiet.  The three bandits huddle together questioning their
      data.

      Bandit: "Could you explain?"

      Me: "We use IBM HTTP Server."

      More bandit discussions.  "OK, thank you.  We'll let you know if
      there is anything else."

      Then there's the every two year audit question: "Please explain
      how LDAP enforces password change policy . . ."  What?  Do you
      think this is Active Directory?  Sigh . . .

      Lolz.

      Regards,

      George Toft