Re: MySQL vs SQLite For Production Website?

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: MySQL vs SQLite For Production Website?

Usually more a problem of people using
      "features" of a db over another, and when migration to the "other"
      finding their dbi code doesn't work against it.

      I've this this trying to adapt with a blunt object code to work
      with postgres vs. mysql.  They used some math function in mysql or
      the perl dbi for it that I'd have had to rewrite in a function
      outside to do.  I just ended up having to run both db's for some
      network monitoring suites that liked one or the other sadly.

      Use of an abstraction layer like sqlalchemy helps that, but i am
      not a dba or developer to extol virtues (or detractors) beyond
      that.

      -mb