Re: OT: Is it just me or is Firefox slowing worse?

Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT: Is it just me or is Firefox slowing worse?
Java hasn't worked in linux since ver 35 I think, it just broke for
everyone else recently.

I for one embrace the death of java as much as flash, both are terrible
examples of necessary evils before, and now just a relic of the past
that needs to die. This was one thing I applauded apple for when they
declined to support flash anymore. Adobe and that little cartel needed
to die off eventually, here's hoping java is next.

What does suck is "enterprise" application dependence on java, as it's
been taught for 15 years, produced an army of usually bad developers,
and ignorant software vendors actually believed it was "platform
independent". As long as you always ran jre6.42release3, not release 2
or 4. I've never seen any client that actually works right under linux
with a correct version or not, another reason I end up keeping my dumb
xp vm around with various customer environments.

I dread any java client usage, it is simply destined to fail. If a
vendor tries to sell me one, I laugh mockingly and decline, asking when
they intend to join the 21st century.

There aren't a lot of classes and degrees to reform^H^H^H^Heducate
people in modern languages to escape entrenchment of crap like java and
microsoft languages either, uop and other crackhead colleges don't
bother without microsoft or oracle schilling them. Old habits, and
crusty developers die hard, but I suppose they need to eat too, and they
hang out with the as400 guys and commiserate about that cloud thing.

-mb