Re: nacl_helper

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: nacl_helper

NaCL (salt, sodium chloride) is their
      GL helper for local gpu acceleration.  Youtube video acceleration,
      gaming stuff, anything that needs hardware-ish interactions use
      it.

      It shouldn't be spawning randomly, if it is, might want to figure
      out what is invoking it, could be bad as gpu's do things like
      bitcoin generation.  Wouldn't surprise me some worm infects you
      and uses you to start computing hashes.

      I disable gpu acceleration under chrome|chromium, nothing good
      comes about with my ever leaving it on, oddly disabling it invokes
      bugs that break it more depending on your version of chrome (see
      ulimit issues).

      -mb