Re: OT Cable Modem Woes

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT Cable Modem Woes

Agreed - their contractors are pretty
      useless for anything short of manual labor to run cables and maybe
      not screw them up, but more often than not my issues when
      problematic were fixed by a real Cox tech.  Worst case, if you
      think you have a useless contractor, send them away, yell at cox,
      and get a real cox tech out there by asking for a "supervisor
      escalation".

      I had to do this the last time I had suck-out, as replacing the
      run from the outside to my house, as it turns out there was
      another splice upstream at a junction in my neighbor's yard I
      didn't even know about until I got someone out there that cared,
      ie. a Field tech sup to help me diagnose the issue and check the
      levels with an office tech each step of the way the levels
      remotely.

      This is one reason they charge a grip and a half for business
      services (other than business==expensive, of course, despite being
      the same as residential service) - they'll kick someone in the
      arse and have them come to your house whenever asap for repair vs.
      residential day or two wait, and odds are usually better of
      getting someone with said clue.

      -mb