Re: Web design

+ (text/html)
Author: Stephen Partington
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Web design
Some of the big things that draw me to a site like that would be the
quality of the work, and pictures to do that. Most cell phones will not do
that for you (some can do that very well now). Description of the services
in detail that would be available. and pricing/location information.

spend less time in talking about how great you are, but instead what you
will be doing for me, or more specifically my hair.

From there, I went with wordpress. if her site will do that its a pretty
good non technical way to go. you can lock it down and make it a view only
site very easily, and with a couple of add ins add a nice gallery so that
people can see her work and she can post it quickly. then she can have blog
like articles and all of that can be posted to Facebook and Google+ (likely
more).

that will get her several mediums at once, and its all reasonably simple to
do with web gui tools. and it can be rather visually pleasing with lots of
graphical visibility possible, and there are people that make custom themes
if you cannot find the perfect one.

but a collage will be a graphical process and a good main image for this
sort of thing.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Michael Havens <> wrote:

> then, after you get the website up, run a 3 word ad in a local newspaper
> that reads:
>
>    hair styling <web address>

> or something like that.
>
> :-)~MIKE~(-:
>
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 10:35 PM, Michael Havens <> wrote:
>
>> if you want to do it for her you can proably use Gimp or else:
>> http://www.bluegriffon.org/pages/Download

>> On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Eric Cope <> wrote:
>>
>>> While I love her desire to try something new, I'd point out a similar
>>> situation of asking her for tips on cutting your own hair. Somethings are
>>> worth paying someone else to do it. If she is serious about marketing her
>>> business, she should treat it as such. If she just wants to throw something
>>> simple together, install a wordpress theme and let her upload some photos.
>>>
>>> Eric

Stephen