Re: How to make display fill screen?

+ (text/html)
Author: Todd Millecam
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to make display fill screen?
open a terminal, and use xrandr
if you just type xrandr it'll display all the resolutions and output modes
that you can see and mark a display preferred one. If is shows the display
as being VGA1, then the final command would look something like:
xrandr --output VGA1 --mode 1680x1050

This is also just a first troubleshooting step--there could be a lot of
other things wrong with the configuration of your machine leading to this
behavior, but if this works then it's a really easy problem to fix.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 11:48 AM, <> wrote:

> On my new Dell laptop with Linux Mint, the display does not fill the
> available screen space. There is a 1/4" black band on both sides, top and
> bottom.
>
> How can I correct this?
>
> System settings > Display and monitor ... does not provide any options
> for setting display resolution or changing the size of the display
> window.

Todd Millecam