could someone help me install vlc 1.1.10

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Havens
To: PLUG
Subject: could someone help me install vlc 1.1.10
Well, someone told me that they run vlc 1.1.10 and that everything runs
perfectly where they had later versions that did not run as well. As such I
am trying to compile vlc for my computer.
Here is what I did:

424 wget '
http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/1.1.9/vlc-1.1.9.tar.bz2'
--edit--
427 tar -xjf vlc-1.1.10.tar.bz2
428 ls
429 cd vlc-1.1.10/
--edit--
433 ./configure
configure: error: Couldn't find DBus >= 1.0.0, install libdbus-dev ?
435 sudo apt-get install libdbus-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libdbus-dev
(after searching for how to install the program found that installing
libhal-dev installs libdbus-dev)
436 sudo apt-get install libhal-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libhal-dev
437 sudo dpkg -i libdbus-dev
dpkg: error processing archive libdbus-dev (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
libdbus-dev
--edit--
439 sudo dpkg --install libhal-dev
dpkg: error processing archive libhal-dev (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
libhal-dev
440 history