Re: Mint boot problems

Author: Matt Graham
To: michael, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Mint boot problems
On 2014-12-29 13:26, Michael Butash wrote:
> I have/had a weird issue like this using lmde with mate, where
> recently my trackpad would stop working on me after about a minute
> into using the desktop from lightdm login manager. I tried fiddling
> with the trackpad settings, seemed something related to the desktop
> is "turning it off", but I've no idea what, and see no dmesg/syslog
> output occur when it does.

Something somewhere might be doing the equivalent of "synclient
TouchpadOff=1". Just running synclient should show you a whole bunch of
data about the touchpad settings. (I generally run that on my laptop,
as I have a Trackpoint, which means the touchpad is completely
superfluous.)

> Quick fix was moving to kde, as cinnamon already proved far too buggy
> for use, and apparently so is mate as that was the final straw. I
> migrated from mate to kde on my desktop as well as mate provided all
> sorts of new and not-so-interesting bugs there as well.

I do not know why so many desktop environments have become such piles
of useless junk in the last few years. At least the KDE people learned
from the problems with the 3.5->4.0 thing, and have not repeated those
silly blunders yet.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity