Bind / server questions

Author: Keith Smith
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Bind / server questions

Hi,

Note I have a Cox business account that allows me to run a server and I
have a private IP.

Installed Bind, setup zones... ect. When I go to the site using the
domain, it says server not found. If I enter the IP given me by Cox
into the browser I see the home page. nslookup returns the proper IP and
the FQDN - I'm guessing that means Bind is configured correctly?

I added a line "xx.xx.xx.xx donain.tld" to the /etc/hosts file. I used
the IP given me by Cox. Is that correct?

I added a line "search domain.tld" to /etc/resolv.conf . Is this
correct?

Anything else I should be checking?

Thank you for your help!!

--