Re: apt-get v aptitude

Author: Brian Cluff
To: michael, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: apt-get v aptitude
On 11/23/2014 10:33 PM, Michael Butash wrote:
> As well, it's managed to mangle things worse at times too when I hadn't
> made the right choice. Probably the worst issue with debian-based
> systems still, when dpkg attacks (or breaks).

I've never seen dpkg itself mess up anything, it seems to have to have a
package manager feed it bogus info for that.
I've also used aptitude to bail myself out of situations, but I'm not
convinced that it didn't mess up the system more trying to fix it with
it's creative dependency checking than if I had just fixed the problem
that was causing APT to break in the first place.

Brian Cluff