Re: How to open, view, or convert a fax.scr file?

Author: Michael Butash
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: How to open, view, or convert a fax.scr file?
If I remember right, .scr files were like screensaver executables that
in the old/naive/win98 days, meaning auto-infection on run.

Run file against it on a linux box, probably find it to be a win32
executable with some nasty payload. Probably hoping to find those
unpatched winxp (and prior) boxes still floating around out there.

Odd, spam seems to be on the rise once again. Meh, so 90's... After
almost a good 15 years on this email spam free, I started getting
hammered recently with various phish links and nasty windoze executable
attachments. Back to basics I suppose.

-mb