StartUp Scripts

+ (text/html)
Author: Stephen M
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: StartUp Scripts
Hi Everybody,
This is a problem that keeps bothering me. I have a HP Laptop that I
installed Mint 17 a few months ago. When I turn on my laptop, I scan it
for open ports and find stuff like cups, smbd, avahi-daemon..

I have disabled them with service and removed them from start up with
update-rc.d -f <name> remove. But when I restart my computer, they are
back. I have a desktop with Ubuntu 12.04 that I did this with and it was
fine. I doubt that Mint 17 which is suppose to be like Ubuntu 14.04,
should be having this trouble.

Does anyone have a thought?

--
Stephen Melheim