Looking for Virtual Hosting

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Looking for Virtual Hosting
I have been using linode for many years now. One of my linodes died after a
reboot, and their tech support could not figure out what was wrong. So, the
suggestion was use one of the weekly backups that I have been paying for.
Well, the backup does not work - boots into a kernel panic. Tech support
now says that I should start over with a new linode and redeploy the data
from my personal backups, and not theirs.

Needless to say, I am looking for another Linux virtual hosting company. I
have modest needs. A couple of low volume web sites in Java/MySQL and
Python - I need more RAM and disk space than high bandwidth. Linode is
$20/month for 2 GB RAM, 48GB disk.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark