Re: Installfest related question

Author: jill
To: Plug Discuss
Subject: Re: Installfest related question

> > The Installfest will be at Gangplank on:
> > 9/6
>
> 9/20
> > 10/18
> >
> > We'll have regular Installfest hours of 10am -

4pm.

> > Gangplank is located at 260 S Arizona Ave Chandler, AZ 85224,

which is the
> > NW corner of Arizona Ave and Frye. There is a free public

parking garage
> > across the street, with a crosswalk leading from the

garage to our doorstep.

http://gangplankhq.com/wp-content/uploads/GPParking-1.jpg

-Jill

change your mail settings:

--=-4YT4r2HNxdao/wJWyiNS

The next Hackfest is this Saturday 9/13 according to G+. The next
Installfest is next weekend, 9/20. We're all good on scheduling.

Jill

n 2014-09-11 18:41, Lisa Kachold wrote:

> I believe that the Hackfest is scheduled on that Saturday. [2nd Saturday
> of every month from 11:00 to 2PM).
>

> Hans has some considerations about scheduling conflicting meetings.
>
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Harold <> wrote:
>
> > I am looking forward to the delivery of a new PC, which has Win 7
> > installed on it.
> >
> > I would like to bring it to the Sept 20 installfest for advice and
> > assistance in setting the machine up with the latest version Centos 64-bit
> > system.
> >
> > I would like to be able to run Win 7 either in a VM or as dual boot.
> >
> > I haven't had a Windows system for quite a number of years and I know some
> > changes have been made.
> >
> > If I boot the system and test (play around with it) will I be compromising
> > my ultimate goal by having Win tie into the motherboard, or calling home or
> > some such system change that will prevent setting up dual boot or getting a
> > copy of the system for use in a VM environment?
> >
> > My goal for the Win system, in addition to learning what changes have been
> > made since XP will be to run Minecraft and the Garmin GPS update program.
> >
> > Sorry if this is too long and confused, but at the moment I am a bit
> > confused.
> >
> > Harold
> >

> > On 09/04/2014 10:00 AM, jill wrote:
> >
> > This Saturday's Installfest has moved! UAT has some conflicting
> > scheduling this fall so Gangplank in Chandler has kindly agreed to host for
> > these dates. Updated event info:
> >
> > http://phxlinux.org/component/jevents/icalrepeat.detail/2014/09/06/1242112/-/moved-linux-installfest.html
> > <http://phxlinux.org/component/jevents/icalrepeat.detail/2014/09/06/1242112/-/moved-linux-installfest.html?Itemid=1

--=-4YT4r2HNxdao/wJWyiNS

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
The next Hackfest is this Saturday 9/13 according to G+.&nbsp; The next Installfest is next weekend, 9/20.&nbsp; We're all good on scheduling.<BR>
<BR>
Jill
<PRE>