Re: linux from scratch

Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: linux from scratch
Just curious, what's your motivation to create a LFS system?
The last time I rolled my own minimal system was when I needed to have a
system to load linux onto machine from an image. This was the days
before most machines had CDROM drives, so I needed a version of liux
that fit on a floppy. It was also long before the Linux from scratch
project existed so it was quite fun finding everything that I needed to
make it work... which it did in the end.
Since then I haven't really needed to create a system from scratch,
other than creating a few net boot systems, which isn't quite the same
thing.

Brian Cluff