OT: How to modify Google Drive file list info?

Author: joe@actionline.com
To: plug-discuss

Why does the Google Drive list of files and folders include a "LAST" date
modified in some lists but that date info is omitted in other lists, as
seen in the two screen shot examples shown at this link:

- - http://www.upquick.com/temp/gdrivej.jpg - -

How can I change the column widths to make them narrower/smaller so the
list elements are closer together and easier to read?

And, how can I add a "LAST" date modified column in the list where that
important information is missing?