FireFox very slow on Win and Linux

Author: techlists@phpcoderusa.com
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: FireFox very slow on Win and Linux

Hi,

I was thinking it was my machine. I'm running and i5 with 8GB RAM and
Kubuntu. And I was also thinking it was my connection.

Right now I was trying to reach a website on my local dev box and it
timed out. I went over to my Win laptop and the site came up. So I
decided to try an alternation browser on my Linux box. It came with
Rekonq. WOW it was snappy.

I know others have complained also. Maybe it is time to move on to
Chrome or something else. Both FireFox and Thunderbird have been slow
for me. I move from Thunderbird to KMail and it seems to work much
better.

Any thoughts on why FireFox would be so slow?

Thanks!!

Keith