Re: assault cube

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Havens
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: assault cube
after further searching this is what I turned up.
http://lordamit.blogspot.com/2012/07/installing-opengl-in-linux-mint-ubuntu.html
Will
this do anything bad for the system or useless? What about the sample code
that he included?

Installing openGL in Linux Mint / Ubuntu for Graphics Lab
<http://lordamit.blogspot.com/2012/07/installing-opengl-in-linux-mint-ubuntu.html>
This is fairly simple actually.

All you have to do is to install the following things in your Linux distro.

sudo apt-get install freeglut3
sudo apt-get install freeglut3-dev
sudo apt-get install binutils-gold

And you are done :)

Here is a sample code for you:

/*
* File: main.cpp
* Author: lordamit
*
* Created on July 9, 2012, 12:53 PM
*/

#include <GL/glut.h>
using namespace std;

void draw(void) {

    //set Background color
    glClearColor(1, 0, 0, 1);
    glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
    //Draw color
    glFlush();

}

//Main program

int main(int argc, char **argv) {

    glutInit(&argc, argv);

    glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB);

    //set window position
    glutInitWindowPosition(50, 25);

    //set window size
    glutInitWindowSize(500, 250);

    //set window name
    glutCreateWindow("My window");

    //Call to the drawing function
    glutDisplayFunc(draw);

    glutMainLoop();
    return 0;
}

Save this file using name program.c and compile it using

gcc -lGL -lglut program.c -o program

And execute it using

./program

You are done!