Re: Useless and meaningless rant about my hate for Linux Min…

Author: techlists@phpcoderusa.com
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Useless and meaningless rant about my hate for Linux Mint...
What a great rant!! I was on my way to look for a video on HULU.... I
enjoyed this much more.

I think Win7 is one of the best OS's ever made. I started with DOS 2.11
and stayed with DOS until 95 when I was forced to use it.

In 2000 I used Linux for 8 months and then went back to Windows. In
2006 I used Linux for about 3 months and went back to Windows. Mostly
because I need IE for testing. I hated IE in Wine. I've been using
Kubuntu as my main system for 5 or 6 months. I think it will stick this
time. It has been a pain making the switch. I still need to load
Windows in a virtual machine so I can have everything on one machine.
No time and no energy to do so at this time. I stay with Kubuntu
because I know at some point I am really going to forced to switch over
to Linux any way.

I have a laptop running Win7. I use it to test with IE and to use
Go-To_Meetings which does not work on Linux for some reason. Since my
two large screens are connected to my Linux box I am unable to enjoy
NetFlix until I get a vmachine set up with Windows.

In summary I would say that each have their strong points. I like some
of the things about Kubuntu and I like other things about Windows. If I
could combine them I would.