Vhost mod rewrite

Author: techlists@phpcoderusa.com
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Vhost mod rewrite

Hi,

I just set up a new CentOS 6.5 LAMP box. I am in the process of
configuring the vhosts.

I created a file /etc/httpd/conf.d/vhosts.conf and the docroot to go
with the vhost definition. So far so good.

What I am wondering about is if I can do something like this in the
vhost.conf file:

<VirtualHost *:80>

    <Directory /home/username/public_html/>
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>

     DocumentRoot /home/username/public_html
     ServerName domain.tld
</VirtualHost>

Or would it be more proper to do something like this:

<Directory /home/username/public_html/>
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all