Re: Yahoo's DMARC policy sucks

+ (text/html)
Author: keith smith
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Yahoo's DMARC policy sucks
I have a Yahoo email account and I got this several hours ago.

Your membership in the mailing list PLUG-discuss has been disabled due
to excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
12-Apr-2014.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more reminders like
this before your membership in the list is deleted.

I guess Yahoo is treating PLUG as spam.

The newsletter folks like iContact are having to deal with Yahoo, Gmail, HotMail..... etc bouncing emails if the recipient does not open a certain number of emails they signed up to get.  Must be a profit thing.

I do not read every plug post so maybe that is what happened to me.

dropping off the list like flies due to their messages from the list
being rejected.

Obviously this message won't reach the people who are being dropped from
the list, but if anyone runs into someone that says that haven't been
getting new emails, you can tell them that they need to switch providers
because yahoo and any other domain that is hosted by yahoo will no
longer accept plug emails.

I'll try to archive the bounce notifications and if yahoo changes their
policy, I'll manually resubscribe anyone that gets dropped.  Until then
we have to assume that this change is permanent.

Brian Cluff