Off Topic Server recommendations

+ (text/html)
Author: Nadim Hoque
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Off Topic Server recommendations
I just want to get your experiences regarding server purchases. The server
is meant for a small business with about 10+ people and does not need to be
utilized 24/7. I was wondering if I should build my own or go with and OEM
such as dell. I would consider HP but I do like Dell's direct to
purchase/customization but I am free for suggestions. I was thinking an
Xeon E3 quad core, about 8gb of ram, 4 500gb hard drives and that should be
about it. I am thinking about building my own because a lot of the server
boards come with IPMI support and the Dell model I was looking at was the
T1102 which does not inlcude IPMI what so ever. Thanks for taking the time.

--
Nadim Hoque