Re: $PATH question

+ (text/html)
Author: Dazed_75
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: $PATH question
Sean, when it is not working (I have not run .profile manually), it prints
killsol.sh: command not found as expected. When I have run .profile
manually, it executes properly and the is no cli output as I designed.

james, i get /bin/bash as my shell

kitepilot, I get bash

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 1:36 PM, <> wrote:

> Or:
> echo $0
> ET
>
> James Mcphee writes:
>
>> dash uses /etc/profile, ~/.profile, and $ENV (if available). grep your
>> username from /etc/passwd to find your shell.
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM, sean <> wrote:
>>
>>> No, we want the output of :
>>> which killsol.sh
>>> "which" tells you where "killsol.sh" is in your path.
>>> And by "doesn't work" I mean when it is apparently not found in your
>>> path. I want to see what "which" says when your shell does not run

>>> runs
>>> you
>>> not

>>> curious

>>> have

>>> ran

>>> it).

>>> Specifically
>>> be
>>> as
>>> messages
>>> addresses

>>> addresses
>>> from

>>> from

>> --
>> James McPhee

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to