Re: Web Hosting

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Web Hosting
On 2014-02-18 09:55, keith smith wrote:
> Digitalocean.com looks promising. Once you configure your VM is
> there a control panel for configuring your Vhost & email accounts? Or
> do you have to do it manually?

digitalocean looks like a VPS from their FAQ and articles on their
site. As such, you'll have to set up your SMTP server, IMAP server, and
apache yourself. There are articles on their site about setting all
those things up using CentOS 6 and Ubuntu. If you want a "control
panel" like cpanel, then digitalocean might not be the right hosting
provider for you.

digitalocean looks like it'd be slightly cheaper than rackspace for me
running this little crow202.org site. They don't offer Gentoo as an
install option though, which means I probably won't switch.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity