Re: openGL probglem

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: openGL probglem
On 2014-01-06 14:11, Michael Havens wrote:
> bmike1@PresarioLapTop1:~$ lspci | grep VGA

Did they move it to /usr/bin/ ? Ah well, at least it worked.

> 00:01.0 VGA ATI Wrestler [Radeon HD 6250]
> as for xorg.conf.... there is none.

Wonderful. IIRC, if no /etc/X11/xorg.conf exists, then X attempts to
auto-generate a config file at runtime. This usually works to get a
Display up, but it can fail when you'd like to do more complicated
things.

An ATi Radeon 6250 can totally use accelerated OpenGL stuff with the
right kernel module and xorg.conf options. I have a similar Radeon in
my home desktop; I can reproduce the configs and so forth for you later.

> there is an xorg.conf.fglrx-0

This is if you want to use the fglrx evil binary-only X module. This
is an option, but it isn't an option that I would personally take since
every time I've tried to use fglrx it's been a complete disaster.

> Should I rename xorg.conf.fglrx-0 to xorg.conf?

Probably not.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity