Re: Damn ubuntu.

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Damn ubuntu.
So I finally notice there is now "linux-image-extras-3.11.0-15-generic"
in the apt cache, hmm...

http://askubuntu.com/questions/153023/what-is-the-linux-image-extra-package-for-and-do-i-need-it

"Sometimes, a specific variant of the/linux-image/is slimmed down by
removing the less common kernel modules (drivers). In this case,
the/linux-image-extra/package simply contains all of the "extra" kernel
modules which were left out."

Ugh... Thanks for the "space conservation".

So voila, I have networking and a desktop, but now I have an issue I saw
in the desktop installer the pegs a kworker thread @ 110% cpu on one
core constantly, and will freeze if my monitor acpi suspends. Geezus,
now what!

Black cloud man, they follow me around. I really don't think it's too
much to ask for raid or full-disk crypto in a desktop installation.

Debian doesn't do EFI from what I could find, and most of the variants
are more immature than even ubuntu's desktop installer to provide
advanced raid/crypto/lvm capability on install.

-mb