(OT) Router with DD-WRT Fails on Reboot

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: (OT) Router with DD-WRT Fails on Reboot
My ASUS RT-N16 running DD-WRT router has been working great since April. I
made two changes this morning and then rebooted the router. It did not come
back. The web page will not load, and I cannot even ping the router (no
route to host). The changes were:

1. Enabled USB support for an external hard drive
2. Enabled SSHd with a public key

I have rebooted the router in the past (ie before I made these changes) and
the router always came back.

I then removed power from the router for a minute and reconnected power,
and it still does not respond to pings or web page access. I also tried
connecting the USB drive, thinking it might need the drive to mount, and
still no joy.

Short of wiping out all my settings, is there a way to get back into the
router and remove these changes? And how do I find out the cause of the
problem?

Thanks,

Mark