Re: package manager

Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: update and package manager problems
Subject: Re: package manager
Looks like you removed the package database that apt creates from a
package repository entry. All you need to do to get rid of a repository
is to delete the config file for it out of the apt config at
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/<a_file_in_here.list> or to remove the line from
the config file at /etc/apt/sources.list.

After you've done that, just run "apt-get update" and it will clean out
all the repositories that don't exist anymore as well as update all the
ones that still do.

After that, symantic should start working again.

Brian