Re: ZaTab ZT2 and Vivaldi

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ZaTab ZT2 and Vivaldi
> On 10/22/2013 10:20 PM, der.hans wrote:
>> http://zareason.com/shop/ZaTab-ZT2.html

On 2013-10-22 23:08, Michael Butash wrote:
> Kind of a crap display, 1280x800 is pretty meager.

My first laptop had 800x600, 16-bit color, 32M, 2G, no built-in NIC,
and it cost twice as much as this tablet. (OTOH, it was heavy and
sturdy enough to use as an improvised weapon, and could have various
parts replaced and upgraded.)

> I don't know why manufacturers produce less, when a used infinity or
> even nexus 10 can be had occasionally for 350 on refurb

Maybe there'$ a rea$on for lower-resolution displays. Can't tell what
it'd be. But a $300 already-unlocked tablet is edging close to "why not
buy one just to foof around with?" territory.

> commodity now, so the cost will come down. Just find one that is
> bootloader unlockable, and roms will follow.

I went the naive route of searching for "root android HOWTO" the other
day, and the whole first page of results looked decidedly sketchy. I
didn't spend more than 3 minutes looking, though, since I don't have
anything that can run any version of Android.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity