Ipod

Author: pademc1@cox.net
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Ipod
I have an older Ipod which I somehow lost ownership of. I tried to put some new music on it, but I get an error message stating it is "read only". I tried to change it to read and write from the command line(using sudo) but it still comes back read only. I have no Windows or Mac OS's, not that I want them, to revert back to. If I use G-parted I think I wouldn't be able to reuse the Ipod because I can't find any Linux based software to install on the Ipod. I did find a Sourceforge installation guide, but it's way beyond my expertise to do that. Any ideas?
--
Linux--Because it WORKS