back ups for Yarnell or other out of the way places

+ (text/html)
Author: Betty I
To: plug-discuss
Subject: back ups for Yarnell or other out of the way places
I have 1 Tb drive that I usually take up there and rsync as needed. I keep
that drive in a safe if i'm not taking it up there. That way unless both my
houses burn down, not too likely (since there's no fuel up there anymore)
or get buried in a mudslide... i should still have a backup.

Speeds are pretty slow up there. there is only satellite or dial up (hah!)
or verizon hot spot. Also I don't trust cloud back ups. (i came of age in
the 60's).

I'll be getting verizon in November, so i'll be able to tell how the speeds
are then.

From going up there today, i can tell you the presence of helping agencies
is incredible. County, red cross, salvation army, churches, even the
buddhists !
really nice.

thanks
betty i