Re: replacement computer - Yarnell

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: replacement computer - Yarnell
Am 10. Jul, 2013 schwätzte Ted Gould so:

> I've done that for years with a couple of drives. Mostly for photos.
> The number of photos I have would take quite literally a week to upload
> to any online service with the bandwidth I have. And I'd like to use

Yeah, backing up my pictures on the local network takes long enough, don't
want to think about clouding them.

> the bandwidth for other things! (Justin Bebier videos, of course)
> Works well. Kinda manual, but it is a very cheap off-site backup
> solution.
>
> On the technical side what I do is that I back up individual machines to
> a NAS at home. Then I "back up the back up" and take that drive to the

Initally read that as backing up to an NSA device. Guess we're all doing
that anyway. Restores via Freedom of Information Act requests :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Lie detector eyeglasses perfected: Civilization collapses."
#   -- Richard Powers