Re: AMD vs Intel memory managemement

+ (text/html)
Author: Lyle Tuttle
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: OT: Then vs Now Programming WAS: Re: AMD vs Intel memory managemement
Subject: Re: AMD vs Intel memory managemement

In the 'old' days, I worked for the Atomic Energy Commission
designing, building and maintaining computer controlled experiments using
radiation from and located on the face of the reactor.....our SDS
"mainframe" <G> ran ALL experiments (including some x-ray
diffraction projects in remote locations) in real-time......that computer
had 16K core memory.......and people came from all over the world to see
what we were doing....now a watch has more memory.....
Time flies, and the only constant is change......