Re: Off Topic Discussions

+ (text/html)
Author: Ted Gould
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Off Topic Discussions
On Wed, 2013-06-12 at 07:46 -0700, keith smith wrote:

> I have a political blog and am very outspoken.

Wonderful, and your blog is a great place for that. I support you being
outspoken about the issues in your private space. But the PLUG list is
a communal space, and with that comes certain communal norms. For
instance: no shoes, no shirt, no service. That establishes norms for
certain areas that contain that banner. Certainly it restricts your
freedom, but it is also about someone establishing norms in a space to
encourage a more diverse set of participants.

Ted