Red Hat is Hiring!

Author: Thomas Cameron
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Red Hat is Hiring!
Howdy Folks!

My name is Thomas Cameron, and I'm the chief architect at Red Hat for
the western US. I'm technical, not a recruiter. :-)

http://people.redhat.com/tcameron

We're hiring for the Red Hat solutions architect organization in
Phoenix. Since I'm a lurker (with my personal e-mail address) here, I
thought I'd let y'all know.

To give you some context, the folks on my team all have at minimum five
years of enterprise IT experience. They're all at least Red Hat
Certified Engineers, and many of us are Red Hat Certified Architects. My
team are among the most technical field folks at Red Hat, but we also
spend a LOT of time in front of our customers doing demos of our
technologies, scoping projects, doing proofs of concepts, etc. So we're
not just technical, we're also articulate in front of customers, too.

If you're a technical badass who is comfortable in front of people, and
you want to work at Red Hat, please send me an e-mail at
. Don't pay a lot of attention to the part that says
you have to have 5 years as a sales engineer. The best folks we've hired
have come out of jobs as systems engineers or IT architects.

Here's the job description:

Job summary

A RHEL Solutions Architect (SA) is instrumental in assisting the sales
team's selling efforts with specific focus on the RHEL platform. The SA
works closely with the Field Sales Representatives to understand and
execute the sales strategies in the field for Red Hat customers.

This position requires the ability to interact with Red Hat's field
sales and technical teams and with end customers. In this role, the SA
must add significant values to the regional sales teams by delivering
comprehensive Red Hat value solutions to meet the needs and unique
requirements of end customers who are considering or who have invested
in the RHEL. Further, the SA must be able to provide technical input
into the creation of Educational and Training materials, as well as
assisting in the development of Marketing material.
Primary job responsibilities

     Responsible for the local booking quota and execution with the
Sales Representatives.

     Provide pre-sales technical support activities in the field RFP

     Deliver presentations, demonstrations and evaluations, as needed,
on all aspects of products as they relate to RHEL.

     Understand a wide base of hardware platforms and software technologies.

     Assist the sales teams in assessing potential application of Red
Hat's products and partner's products to meet customer needs.

     Provide follow up support in disseminating technical information on
specific applications to the Red Hat's field technical teams.

Required skills

     Minimum 5 years of experience as a Sales Engineer, with more than 5
years experience in Linux/UNIX system administration, integration and
development.

     Is comfortable with solution selling process in the enterprise
software market.

     Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.

     Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and is
proficient in presentation and client facing skills.

     Must have the ability to work in the field in remote offices, and
be self-managing with excellent time management skills.

     Must be self-disciplined and have the ability to work independently
and as part of a team.

     Has proficient, well-rounded experience in technical consultative
selling up to mid-level executives.

     Knowledgeable with open source technologies.

Thomas Cameron, RHCA, RHCSS, RHCDS, RHCVA, RHCX