Re: OT: Internet Sales Tax Passes the U.S. Senate

+ (text/html)
Author: Lyle Tuttle
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: Internet Sales Tax Passes the U.S. Senate

At 09:25 AM 5/8/2013, keith smith wrote:

Hi Lyle,
You are an online business?
Not 100%, but some.
 If so I would
like to hear more about how you identify the taxing authority, how you do
your reporting, and how much it cost you to
comply.
How do you bill or ship to your customer?  We use their zip code for
tax assessment.  Cost is all in our accounts receivable package, ie,
not sure I could give you an accurate # for specific costs.....we pay
taxes by electronic transfer, and the amount is all calculated by that
software........reports tell us how much we collected................but
that package does all of our accounting, etc - tax is just a small part
of what it does for us.
Frankly, I am more concerned about what I wrote in the last line of my
response than whether or not we should break the current laws on tax
collection - even tho I detest all of the regulations -- that's why I
'retired' at age 50........
lyle

Thanks,
Keith