Kali Linux (Backtrack 6) Released

+ (text/html)
Author: Lisa Kachold
To: PLUG Linux Security Team, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Kali Linux (Backtrack 6) Released
Great news for Hackers and Backtrack Linux fans! The most awaited
penetration testing Linux distribution has been released called '*Kali Linux
*' or '*Backrack 6*', from the creators of BackTrack itself. From last 7
years we have seen five awesome versions of Backtrack Linux. But this time
to achieve some higher goals, team decided to leave the 4 years old
development architecture and '*Kali Linux <http://www.kali.org/>*' born
today.
Kali Linux is based upon Debian Linux, instead of Ubuntu and new
streamlined repositories synchronize with the Debian repositories 4 times a
day, constantly providing users with the latest package updates and
security fixes available.

Another great feature introduced is that, because of Debian compliant
system, it is now able to Bootstrap a Kali Installation/ISO directly from
Kali repositories. This allow any user to easily build their
own customization of Kali, as well as perform enterprise network installs
from a local or remote repository.
The Kali Linux ARM Architecture images work like charm on Samsung ARM
Chromebook, Raspberry Pi, ODROID U2 / X2 and SainSmart SS808.

With more than 300 penetration testing tools, completely free, Open
source, Vast wireless device support, GPG signed packages and repos,
Multi-language, Completely customizable make this distribution one of the
best available masterpiece of hacking community.

Once again, default root password is same “*toor*“, you can download Kali
Linux <http://www.kali.org/downloads/> here.

Attend our April Hackfest at DeVry University 11-2PM where we will hand out
dvds and demonstrate this distro's best qualities.
--

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype