Backing Up A Virtual Drive

+ (text/html)
Author: John J. Macey
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Backing Up A Virtual Drive

Hi All,

I run Linux Mint 14 with the Cinnamon Desktop Manager, and back-up my
system using the KDE utility KBackup. It is a great little app! I've
started to Virtualize several operating systems e.g. MS$ 7,
Whonix-Gateway, and Whonix-Desktop. I am using Oracle's VM VMWare to do
this. In the future I might want to Virtualize Backtrack. I did have a
dual-boot Mint / Backtrack system going, but then wiped the drive, and
started to look at Virtualization.

Each one of these Virtual Machines has it own Folder, which can be found
in the Folder named VirtualBox VMs. Is backing these machines up going
to be as simple as checking a box when I run KBackup, and save the
Folder VirtualBox VMs?

Thanks in advance for any comments. Apologizes also, if this is in fact,
a "no-brainer". LOL!

John*
**<http://www.jjmacey.net/blog>*