Re: friend is coming to the installfest on the second!

Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: friend is coming to the installfest on the second!
I've always used "eraser" (http://eraser.heidi.ie/) to do the same
thing. I zero out all the space on a VM and turned it into a sparse
file so that it takes up hardly any space. I've even been known to put
a VM that is bigger than the entire hosts hard drive using the same
technique. Sounds like a bad idea, but I was tending to run the VM in
immutable mode, so the VMs HD didn't get any bigger and was never in any
danger of filling up the hosts hard drive, but it allowed me to have a
generic VM that I could use as writable on some systems and that would
leave me enough space to install software if I needed to.

Brian Cluff