Re: OT: router recommendation

Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: router recommendation
I don't know if they've gotten better, but powerline ethernet adapters I
have/had, netgear units were terrible between rooms. Almost constant
packetloss after a while, which made video streaming off my nas terrible.

Do you monitor yours at all? I didn't notice with lower bitrate divx,
but with hd materials it got noticed fast. I'd thought it was the
system for a while until i realized the connection sucked. I had to
toss a cable down the hall, but streams 1080p just dandy now.

-mb