Re: How to set up a dual boot on a thinkpad

Author: joe@actionline.com
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to set up a dual boot on a thinkpad

>> I did that kill off those "Page" (swap) files and a bunch of other
>> stuff, hibernate files, etc. but there is still something blocking:
>> Filename $UsnJrfnl:$J in path C:\$Extend\
>
> You said you killed Paging but did not say anything about turning off the
> Restore Point functionality which is also needed. I am assuming you did
> that also. I would try to find that file (search from a linux LiveCD if
> you have to ) to try to learn what it is and decide whether to try
> deleting it.

Yes, I did also turn off the "Restore Point" function.

Before trying a gparted live cd, I'd like to figure out how to get to the
M$ "Administration" level to delete that $UsnJrfnl:$J file. I have
followed several instructions to enter that "Admin" level and then delete
that file, but I always get the response, "You must be 'Admin' to do
that."