gimp

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Havens
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: gimp
I took a picture of the moon last night and this morning I opened it up in
Gimp. The image is pixelated (it looks like a diamond). Now this has
happened before with previous pictures of the moon that were taken and I
figured it was because of the low-light conditions; however, I didn't use
'open-with' gimp initially and so the default (photiva) opened it and the
picture was nice and round with craters nicely defined (it was just blurry
when I zoomed in because I didn't use a tripod). I assume this is because
there is a setting askew in Gimp that I can't find. Can someone help me
find it?