Re: How to capture and save an online mp3?

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to capture and save an online mp3?
From:
> How can I capture and save an online mp3 to a file on my local
> computer?

The answer to this question depends on details that you haven't provided. How
are you retrieving this file? If you're going to http://example.org/file.mp3
in a browser, you just "wget http://example.org/file.mp3" and fuggeddabouddit.
If the file is hosted on some sort of youtube-like service, there are
probably ways to retrieve the file, but we'd need to see an example of a file
hosted on that service to tell you how to find and retrieve files like that.
Basically, Details Count, and until we know them, all we can do is handwave.

> And is there some kind of software to transcribe the recorded voice
> message to a text message?

Voice-recognition software has improved a bit. I think that you'll probably
get results more like http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/991008 than what
you want, though.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows