Re: google voice/video vs skype

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: google voice/video vs skype
From: Daniel Stasinski
> Michael Havens wrote:
>> From the articles I've read it seems skype is better. But which
>> uses more resources? Is skype really better?
> I can't recall the exact numbers but in my own usage, Google Voice
> video used significantly less bandwidth than Skype video. Less
> than half. I have no idea about system resource usage though.

Since Microsoft bought Skype, I've been thinking that they'll eventually
abandon the Linux Skype client, and it will stop working. So I'll probably
*have* to use google video or another video-chat client, not skype, at some
point in the future. I usually video chat with people pretty infrequently,
only about 3 or 4 times per year though.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
The Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress/