Re: Samba/FTP slow write fast read

Author: George Toft
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Samba/FTP slow write fast read
Further investigation shows it's not FTP nor samba. It's Windows 7
(which I used for Windows file and FTP). Using smbclient on a Linux box
I get 19MB/sec and FTP from Linux I get 32MB/sec. Concurrent with
replacing the old file server was the purchase of a new PC. I guess we
know what XP does better than Windows 7.

Regards,

George Toft