Re: mk802, g-82

Author: Ed
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: mk802, g-82
On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM, der.hans <> wrote:
> Am 19. Oct, 2012 schwätzte Ed so:
>

>> Hans - MythTV will be too complex an interface - XBMC may have a skin
>> that works - and it will run on everything from a Raspberry PI on up
>> (Debian too)
>> http://www.raspbmc.com/
>

> Can't you add and remove options from the Myth interface?

you can, and there are plugins too. But, the UX paths are
understandable to you and I because we recognize the structure, but it
isn't intuitive for someone without a computer background - not to
mention the level of detailed configuration that normal folks really
do not like. Besides, from the lists, the most enjoyable remote for
MythTV is apparently a Bluetooth keyboard - again, a miss on the
target audience. Now, XBMC acting as a front-end for a MythTV back-end
is nice.

> I saw XMBC on a Raspberry Pi before they were released :).

new and improved - now with twice the memory!