Re: ssh -Y question

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ssh -Y question
From: Dazed_75
>> 2. Permissions: Press alt + F2 and type gksu gedit to verify or run via
>> root
> that does not work inside the ssh -Y session as it just brings up the Dash
> in the local Unity system

Yeah, I'm not sure what's supposed to be going on here. I'd check
/etc/ssh/sshd_config on the remote system and make sure that you have the
line

X11Forwarding yes

...in the remote system's sshd_config, because leaving that out will totally
hork up any attempt to use ssh -X or -Y. Also: "ssh -v -Y remotehost", and
the additional output you get from the -v may tell you "stupid error NNN has
happened in X11 forwarding".

I just tried this with xeyes, a GTK+ app, and gnome-terminal, but everything
worked and I didn't get any stupid errors.

>> sudo touch /forcefsck && sudo reboot
> Nope, did the fsck route yesterday.

I think if it'd been filesystem problems, you would've noticed other weirdness
before X forwarding problems.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
The Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress/