Re: ufw rules

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: ufw rules
Am 16. Oct, 2012 schwätzte Dazed_75 so:

moin moin,

> Can anyone tell me how to make a ufw (uncomplicated firewall) rule to allow
> incoming ssh but only from the LAN or even a specific LAN. Not sure I need
> to specify an alternate port, but that would be good to know as well.

Dunno how ufw works, but a source rule ( -s $network/$netmask ) allowing
the network you want, then something denying every network would do it.
Also allow localhost :).

You could also use entries in /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny to use
tcp wrappers instead.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.
#  We grow old by deserting our ideals.
#  Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm
#  wrinkles the soul.  -- Samuel Ullman